Class: 'E29 Design or Procedure'
comment "Scope note:
This class comprises documented plans for the execution of actions in order to achieve a result of a specific quality, form or contents. In particular it comprises plans for deliberate human activities that may result in the modification or production of instances of E24 Physical Thing.
Instances of E29 Design or Procedure can be structured in parts and sequences or depend on others. This is modelled using P69 is associated with.
Designs or procedures can be seen as one of the following:
1. A schema for the activities it describes
2. A schema of the products that result from their application.
3. An independent intellectual product that may have never been applied, such as Leonardo da Vinci's famous plans for flying machines.
Because designs or procedures may never be applied or only partially executed, the CRM models a loose relationship between the plan and the respective product.
- the ISO standardatisation procedure
- the musical notation of Beethoven's "Ode to Joy"
- the architectal drawings for the Kölner Dom in Cologne, Germany
- the drawing on the folio 860 of the Codex Atlanticus from Leonardo da Vinci, 1486-1490, kept in the Biblioteca Ambrosiana in Milan" (en)
label "E29 Design or Procedure" (en)
notation "E29" (string)